Dunehelden Academy: Version 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Date

3 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

First Date - Page 2 Empty Re: First Date

Post by Zaïren Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:19 pm

"I don't remember my parents much and I don't remember being alone. It's hard to be more specific than that, really. I do remember my mother a little, but I couldn't tell you how I got to the Roost." He shrugged with one shoulder and took a sip of his chai. "It's the only home I know. Besides the school, but that's a bit different.

What about you? You mentioned your father had a bit of a problem with the werewolf and gay thing coming basically on each other's heels, but what about the rest of your family?"
Zaïren
Zaïren

Level : 1

Character Profile
Full Name: Zaïren

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hiller Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:25 pm

Jason blew on his mocha and took a sip before he answered. "My mother and sisters are better about it than Father is. I'm hoping they'll be able to turn his head a little in my favor. I mean, it's been two years now... Though he hasn't asked me to throw out any of my more feminine outfits, so I guess I should count my blessings. I don't wear them around him, either, which probably helps."
Jason Hiller
Jason Hiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaïren Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:49 pm

Zaïren snorted and waved a hand dismissively. "Whoever decided clothing had gender anyway? It's just pieces of cloth, why does the shape of it determine who can wear what? People should be allowed to wear what they want without being judged."
Zaïren
Zaïren

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hiller Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:52 pm

Jason smiled. "I like the way you think. Really, though -- no one bats an eye when a Scotsman wears a kilt, why shouldn't I wear a dress or a skirt when I want? They're comfortable, and that's enough reason for me."
Jason Hiller
Jason Hiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaïren Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:59 pm

"Exactly. And I don't care what people say, a kilt is totally a skirt. It's just one that developed without some random European stigma. And a toga is basically a dress. Things are covered, why does it matter by what?"

He shrugged. "I like my jeans, personally, but I figure people should get to wear whatever. Then again, I'm also half plant. I do have a rather unusual way of looking at the world."
Zaïren
Zaïren

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hiller Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:13 am

"True. That would change things." Jason tilted his head to one side. "How does being half-dryad work? Do you turn into a tree at all?" He paused. "That there is a sentence I never thought I'd say."
Jason Hiller
Jason Hiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaïren Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:19 am

Zaïren grinned. "No, not really. My best magic is with plants, though. Physically I am what you see. I don't change any, though I do tend to feel a lot better when I get a decent amount of sunlight. More than most people. I start to wilt if I go too long without it. And I start looking pathetic if I let myself get dehydrated instead of just the headaches and stuff most people get."
Zaïren
Zaïren

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hiller Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:21 am

Jason blinked. "You wilt? I bet that's a pain. What do you do in winter besides wearing as may layers as possible? Does it snow here at all?"
Jason Hiller
Jason Hiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaïren Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:40 am

"My feathers get weirdly like, floppy, and my hair goes straight. But it doesn't take long to fix, just a bit of time with a UV lamp. Same thing happens with water, but I respond a lot faster either way and my skin gets pale." He ran a hand through his hair and shrugged.

"Yeah, it'll snow here. Me, I tend to avoid it as much as I can, though I have been known to join in snowball fights. I prefer summer though. Lots of sun, and warm enough I can indulge my love of water without freezing."
Zaïren
Zaïren

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hiller Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:15 am

Jason nodded thoughtfully. "Aside from the wolf thing I'm pretty much normal. Wish I didn't have to avoid wearing or touching silver. I love the look of it. White gold is a good substitute, though."
Jason Hiller
Jason Hiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaïren Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:16 pm

"And it's not all that hard to avoid, really. Not like Iron out in the mortal world. I'm glad I don't have to worry about that sort of stuff. I could stand to have a bit more resistance to the cold, but you know. Trade-offs."

He looked thoughtful. "You know, we're just going over things we did last time we talked. But you didn't mention much about your family other than your father and the existence of sisters."
Zaïren
Zaïren

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hiller Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:31 pm

Jason flushed a little. "So we are. Well, then. My family's pretty normal, as far as they go... My sisters are both older than me. Helen's older than me by about four years, and Ariadne's a year older than me." He grinned. "You can probably tell my parents are huge Greek mythology buffs. Though I think they could have named me something a bit less contradictory than Jason Apollo. Healer and destroyer."
Jason Hiller
Jason Hiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaïren Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:00 pm

"No, I think the juxtaposition is good."

Zaïren looked thoughtful. "I have no idea where my name comes from. I know it was the name my parents gave me, I remember that much. Or my mother, anyway. I like it, so I guess I don't really care."
Zaïren
Zaïren

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hiller Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:41 pm

"It's a nice name, whatever it means," Jason said. "Definitely suits you. Do you have a last name?"
Jason Hiller
Jason Hiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaïren Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:48 pm

Zaïren got a deer in the headlights look. "I probably do? Toddlers aren't usually aware of the concept of last names. I should ask Auntie Tulip one of these days. Including how I came to be at the Roost. It's entirely possible I just wandered in."
Zaïren
Zaïren

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hiller Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:53 pm

Jason nodded and raised his mocha to his lips again. "That's true. Could be interesting to find out."

He licked his lips. "I like this mocha. Definitely need to order it again. Trying everything they have here could be fun. Except the red velvet cake, I guess. Unless I cut the icing off, or they make it with a different kind. Lactose intolerance is a pain."
Jason Hiller
Jason Hiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaïren Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:04 pm

"Red velvet is just chocolate cake with red coloring, though. I mean, it's a delicate chocolate, but it's still just chocolate. I guess I just don't get the hype. I bet we could find a way to make a dairy free cream cheese frosting. It's a common problem after all, plenty of people have to have made ways to get around it."

He crossed his arms thoughtfully. "The only thing is getting the internet on a good day. Magic and technology after all."
Zaïren
Zaïren

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hiller Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:10 pm

Jason nodded. "True. Or we could ask Rhythan, I'm sure he has something in a cookbook somewhere. Even if he doesn't, he'd probably be thrilled to help us experiment."
Jason Hiller
Jason Hiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaïren Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:16 pm

Zaïren rolled his eyes, but his grin was affectionate. "Wouldn't he just. We'd have to rein him in. Not all of his experiments work out, after all. At least those are less likely to accidentally come to life. Or back to life, I guess. Though there was that one chicken..."
Zaïren
Zaïren

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hiller Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:26 pm

Jason's eyebrows rose. "...A chicken came back to life? Do I dare ask how or why?"
Jason Hiller
Jason Hiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaïren Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:48 pm

"Magic? All I remember is Rhythan being very upset because it was already roasted and I think a student did it? Rhythan is of the opinion food is art, and art should not run away just before it's displayed for appreciation."
Zaïren
Zaïren

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hiller Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:51 pm

Jason burst out laughing. Now that was a strange mental image. "I can imagine the chaos. Poor Rhythan. Did it ever end up getting eaten, I wonder?"
Jason Hiller
Jason Hiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaïren Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:02 pm

"I can't remember. Possibly, I doubt it would have survived long as a roasted zombie. Especially without a head."

He shrugged. "I can't do anything like that, of course. I haven't really worked too hard on magic, so the best I can do with confidence is nudge plants into growing how I want them to. I could probably like, make them bloom out of season but I don't see any reason. Why damage the plant that way?"
Zaïren
Zaïren

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hiller Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:05 pm

"Good point. Speaking of, did you see the mallorn Professor Vincent made? It's beautiful. I hope it survives the winter; I'm not sure how the seasons would work in Lothlorien, but if it was Galadriel's magic that sustained them there, I'm sure we here can accomplish something similar. If nothing else maybe he or someone can build a little shelter for it before the frost and snow really set in."
Jason Hiller
Jason Hiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaïren Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:23 pm

"Yeah, I did. I'm sure it'll do fine, though. Lorien seemed to have a climate pretty like ours here, so." Zaïren gave a bit of a shrug. "And yeah, could always move it to a greenhouse if it isn't doing well. It's not like it's all that big. An established tree would handle change better than a sapling, I would think."
Zaïren
Zaïren

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next