Dunehelden Academy: Version 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to sleep (open)

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Unable to sleep (open) - Page 2 Empty Re: Unable to sleep (open)

Post by Jaebi Lyckander Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:17 pm

Jaebi beamed and nodded. He tapped his chin and watched Bolin go, then looked to Dom.

L-e-a-d t-h-e w-a-y, s-i-r.
Jaebi Lyckander
Jaebi Lyckander

Level : 1

Character Profile
Full Name: Jaebi Lyckander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic "Dom" Hawk Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:21 pm

Dom read Jaebi's hands and nodded before starting to walk again. He kept his torch trained on the hallways ahead of them, listening and scenting the air for any unusual sounds or smells.
Dominic
Dominic "Dom" Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaebi Lyckander Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:41 pm

Jaebi followed along just a step behind, gaze sweeping curiously from one side of each corridor to the other. He made a questioning noise as, after ascending one floor, his ears picked up on a faint shuffling noise. He lengthened his stride to meet the approaching sound.
Jaebi Lyckander
Jaebi Lyckander

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allan Warbeck Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:45 pm

Allan moved curiously toward the sounds of footsteps and beating hearts, and tilted his head as Jaebi came into sight around a corner. "Little late for you to be out of bed, isn't it?"

Then he spotted Dom just behind, and nodded. "Hello, Dom. I'm guessing he's with you? What are you two up to?"
Allan Warbeck
Allan Warbeck

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic "Dom" Hawk Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:47 pm

Dom smiled at Allan, and nodded at his words. "I invited him to join me on patrol. We're on our way to investigate the west wing -- seems there's been something strange in there lately. Bolin's going to join us, he should be along soon."
Dominic
Dominic "Dom" Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Allan Warbeck Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:52 pm

Allan's eyebrows rose. "Come to think of it, I do remember hearing odd noises last time I was up there. Do you mind if I join you? The place probably needs a good sweeping out anyway."
Allan Warbeck
Allan Warbeck

Back to top Go down

Post by Bolin Honghui Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:27 pm

Bolin came bounding down the stairs at that moment, looking much less like an assassin now that he had left behind his Bag of Ominous Tools and black leather jacket. The scent of blood was still upon him, but faintly. He must have given himself a quick wipe-down for his friends' sake.

"You're welcome to join us on our little adventure." He gave Allan a dashing grin and pulled a flashlight of his own from his back pocket. "And if it turns out to be something sinister, we can offer Mr. Lyckander as tribute," he added jokingly.
Bolin Honghui
Bolin Honghui

Level : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaebi Lyckander Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:29 pm

Jaebi blinked and stared at Bolin, feeling a grin curl one corner of his lips upwards.

He knew the psychologist was joking, but he couldn't help thinking that if it came down to that, Bolin and Dom were much more likely to take down whatever it was with their bare hands than to toss a snack at it and run.
Jaebi Lyckander
Jaebi Lyckander

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allan Warbeck Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:34 pm

Allan smiled as Bolin came up, though the scent of blood gave him pause. It was faint, and oddly enough it didn't seem to be his. He thought better of questioning it, and chuckled at Bolin's remark. "At least Jaebi can run like the wind if he has to. I'd be better prey for anything of that sort."
Allan Warbeck
Allan Warbeck

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic "Dom" Hawk Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:36 pm

Dom grinned and shook his head as Allan spoke. "Nah, we wouldn't let that happen. Friends don't let friends get eaten by monsters. Bolin and I can take it on." He grinned at the aforesaid.
Dominic
Dominic "Dom" Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Bolin Honghui Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:00 pm

Bolin nodded his agreement and lead the group to the westernmost tower. He grew quiet as the came upon their destination, listening for the telltale whirring noise.
Bolin Honghui
Bolin Honghui

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic "Dom" Hawk Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:06 pm

Dom narrowed his eyes as he moved up beside Bolin, cautiously scenting the air again. Nothing out of the ordinary met his nose. The place didn't even look or smell dusty, except on the stairs. Which, on second thought, was something strange in itself.

"You sure you haven't been up here recently?" he asked in a murmur, glancing over his shoulder at Allan.
Dominic
Dominic "Dom" Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Allan Warbeck Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:10 pm

Allan nodded, feeling every bit as baffled as Dom looked. "Positive. And that's what confuses me. If this is a ghost, it's a very tidy one. Like a reverse poltergeist."
Allan Warbeck
Allan Warbeck

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaebi Lyckander Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:33 pm

Jaebi leaned forward to gaze up the winding staircase, nose twitching. He strained his ears, rising unconsciously onto his very tip toes as if the extra inches would extend the range of his hearing.

And then.

Vrrrrrrrr~

Jaebi blinked, startled as he turned to the trio of men. He pointed upwards, as if to ask if they had heard it too.
Jaebi Lyckander
Jaebi Lyckander

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic "Dom" Hawk Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:41 pm

Dom's eyes narrowed as he too heard the faint whirring. He nodded as Jaebi pointed upward. "I hear it too. Let's hurry and maybe we can see what it is."
Dominic
Dominic "Dom" Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Bolin Honghui Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:54 pm

Bolin led the way, padding up the stairs with little to no noise. The first landing showed nothing. The second was equally barren.

By the third, however, the whirring noise was echoing gently off the walls. Bolin hunkered down and peered around the corner, hoping to catch a glimpse of the rumored ghost.
Bolin Honghui
Bolin Honghui

Back to top Go down

Post by Allan Warbeck Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:06 pm

Allan lagged behind the others as they headed up the stairs, pausing on each landing to rest his leg a little. He really ought to get his hands on a brace of some sort.

At last he joined Bolin on the third landing. As he followed the other man's gaze, the whirring stopped, and a few musical notes rose in the silence. He blinked and edged forward, narrowing his eyes. "What in the world...?"

The whirring started again; whatever it was had heard him. Allan waited, tense, as the rumored ghost came into sight.

Not a ghost at all -- a Roomba. It glided over the floor and halted in front of them, swiveling slowly on the spot as if to look at them with its infrared sensor and little blinking lights.

Allan fought back a laugh. "This doesn't look like a ghost to me. I wonder how it got up here? Roombas aren't generally good at climbing stairs."
Allan Warbeck
Allan Warbeck

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic "Dom" Hawk Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:24 pm

Dom tilted his head. Of all the things he'd expected to find up here, a cleaning robot was not one of them. "Good question. Maybe it belongs to someone. We should ask around and make sure no one's missing it."
Dominic
Dominic "Dom" Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Bolin Honghui Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:15 pm

Bolin tipped his head and squinted at the little robot.

"Technology isn't supposed to work here. Not consistently, anyway. How is the little guy running?"
Bolin Honghui
Bolin Honghui

Back to top Go down

Post by Allan Warbeck Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:33 pm

"Magic?" Allan suggested, crouching down to see the Roomba better. "Its filter and bin must be totally clogged, if it's been up here for a year without anyone being around to empty or clean it. Even if it empties itself, it might just clean up its own mess and be right back where it started."

He tilted his head, then reached slowly out toward the Roomba. It whirred softly and inched forward, almost like a puppy wanting to sniff his hand. (Better than a puppy, actually -- no fur to shed.) He let it inspect him for a while, then carefully picked it up. Cradling it gently in the crook of his left arm, he slid out the bin.

"Ooh. Yes, definitely needs emptied. Would it be faster to find a garbage can upstairs, or downstairs?"
Allan Warbeck
Allan Warbeck

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaebi Lyckander Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:10 am

Jaebi approached curiously to peer at the little robot. He smiled at Allan and pointed down, to say that downstairs was the better option.
Jaebi Lyckander
Jaebi Lyckander

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allan Warbeck Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:19 am

Allan smiled back. "Perfect." He turned and started to head that way, keeping to one side of the stairwell in case the others wanted to go past him.

When they reached the bottom again, he hunted for the nearest garbage can and emptied the Roomba's bin and filter into it, then slid both back in place and set the little robot down on the floor. "There. I bet that feels better."

The Roomba nudged against his feet and beeped.
Allan Warbeck
Allan Warbeck

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic "Dom" Hawk Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:21 am

Dom stood by and watched with a chuckle. "I'm no judge of robot emotions, but I think it likes you."
Dominic
Dominic "Dom" Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Bolin Honghui Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:26 am

Bolin put his hands in his pockets and beamed down at the little cleaning bot.

"I'm a little disappointed that we didn't find a ghost, but this little thing is adorable. Allan, I agree with Dom. You might have found a companion."
Bolin Honghui
Bolin Honghui

Back to top Go down

Post by Allan Warbeck Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:29 am

Allan nodded, grinning too. "I'm inclined to agree with you. I really should think of a name for it if I'm going to keep it. Any suggestions?"
Allan Warbeck
Allan Warbeck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum