Dunehelden Academy: Version 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missed Lunch

2 posters

Go down

Missed Lunch Empty Missed Lunch

Post by Odette Cohen Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:11 am

Odette tugged the strap of her book bag higher on her shoulder and shuffled along the hallway, glad that the crowds had thinned so quickly after the last class of the day. She had spent the last two periods in Bolin's office, calming down after being cornered by her usual bullies.

Having her magic triggered was always... exhausting.

She sighed through her nose and rubbed one eye with the back of her hand. Maybe she could get a head start on her homework while she waited for dinner time. Or look around the library for something interesting to read. It was too cold to go outside, and her mittens had gone missing recently, anyway.

Odette grumbled and let her gaze fall to the floor as she trudged along.
Odette Cohen
Odette Cohen

Level : 1

Character Profile
Full Name: Odette Renee Cohen

Back to top Go down

Missed Lunch Empty Re: Missed Lunch

Post by Baram Morgan Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:19 am

Baram ran his hand through his hair as he stepped out of his classroom. Sure he was only in a class with under ten other students but it was still hard for him to not feel crowded at times. He looked down at his wrist and saw the ribbon that he still had tied there form a gift Odette gave him before. Just looking at it reminded him to try to stay positive, any improvement was still good improvement.

He placed the strap for his messenger bag over his shoulder and turned to go back towards his dorm. That's when he spotted her. A large smile pulled across his face and he rushed towards her. "Odette! Hey!"
Baram Morgan
Baram Morgan

Character Profile
Full Name: Baram Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Odette Cohen Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:23 am

Odette's head snapped up at the sound of Baram's voice, disguising her sudden flinch as a ove to turn towards him. She slowed to a stop and felt a tired but genuine smile curl across her features.

"H-Hi Baram. How was your last class?" She lifted her arms and took a step forward, wanting a hug. And a nap. But the hug option was much more appealing at the moment, because Baram was there.
Odette Cohen
Odette Cohen

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Baram Morgan Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:31 am

He slowed to stop in front of her and scooped her up into a hug. Once Baram got closer to her he was able to realize how tired Odette looked. His brow furrowed and he gently set her down. "Are you doing okay, my flower?" He carefully moved her hair out of her face and cupped her jaw with one of his hands.

"Class was okay. I'm no longer in classes with just beserker students which is good." He smiled softly at her. "Where are you headed? I'll walk with you if you want me to."
Baram Morgan
Baram Morgan

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Odette Cohen Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:39 am

Odette didn't have the strength to squeeze very hard as she returned the hug, but she was all too happy to nuzzle her cheek into the warmth of his palm. "I'm okay, Baram. Just t-tired, is all. Missing lunch p-probably didn't help m-m-much, either."

She looked up at him and smiled again. The cut he'd gotten above his brow a few days ago seemed to be healing nicely. "Mm? How many c-classes do they have you in now?" She was quite happy to hear that he was progressing so well, and that much closer to being able to see his father and sister again.

"I was j-just figuring out w-where to go. It's too c-cold to go outside today, and I don't want to go t-to the library if it's too c-crowded. But if I g-go back to my dorm, I'll fall asleep and p-p-probably miss dinner."
Odette Cohen
Odette Cohen

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Baram Morgan Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:46 am

"Why did you miss lunch?" He grumbled softly, becoming slightly worried. "I'm sure we could get you something to eat before dinner if you are feeling that poorly. But if you need to nap I will go with you and make sure you wake up in time for dinner."

His hand trailed soflty down her neck, along her shoulder and down her arm to gently lace his fingers with hers. He knew that he did not have a right to be as protective of her as he was. They weren't dating, not yet that is. He leaned down and gently kissed her forehead.

"I'm in five classes now. Only two of those are with Professor Oakleigh or Asher. So, I'm getting there. The only problem we still have is working it out to where I won't accidentally be triggered. I just really can't stand whistling apparently. I can wrap my mind around being restrained a bit to get out of the situation safely. I can even sometimes work my way out of old command words. . .but whistling is like an instant snap."
Baram Morgan
Baram Morgan

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Odette Cohen Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:05 am

"I was o-occ-c-c--" She got caught on the word and blinked hard several times. "Occup-p-pied." A small frown turned her lips downwards ever so slightly. A quick snack sounded wonderful, but a trip to the mess hall did not. She was pretty sure she had snacks in her dorm, though...

She blushed at the idea of Baram watching over her while she took a nap, and made a tiny kitten noise at the attention he gave her. She moved to stand beside him so that they could continue to hold hands as they resumed walking. "Th-that makes sense, that it's the h-hardest t-trigger to shake," she offered. "Whistles and b-b-bells are the most efficient sounds to p-program a c-conditioned r-response to. Like Pavlov's d-dogs. And responses to higher p-p-pitched sounds like wh-whistles stay in the s-subc-c-conscious for longer."

She managed another smile and smooshed her cheek against his bicep. "I'm v-very proud of you for p-p-progressing so f-fast, Baram. You've c-come so far in just a c-couple months."
Odette Cohen
Odette Cohen

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Baram Morgan Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:59 am

Baram waited patiently for Odette to form the word that she wanted. He raised her hand up to his lips to kiss the back of her hand. He would rather be kissing her, her lips. When the thought crossed his mind his cheeks flushed slightly and he cleared his throat with a grumble. "What were you busy with, or do you not want to talk about it?"

He nodded acknowledging her comments as they walked. "I still have my bad days where it seems like I'm back to that day in the garden where it would just be easier to live in solitude than to trouble Asher and Professor Oakleigh. But I made a promise to you and to myself and I intend to keep those." He smiled down at her and gave her hand a gentle squeeze. "So, where are we headed to?"

Baram Morgan
Baram Morgan

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Odette Cohen Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:15 am

Odette hummed happily and leaned against Baram as they walked. "I f-figured my dorm would be easiest. I h-have snacks there and it w-wouldn't hurt to get a heads-start on the work from the c-classes i missed today."

She watched Baram carefully, wondering if it was okay for her to explain to him what happened. She didn't want to upset him, or make him angry. But she didn't want to lie to him, either.

"R-remember a while b-back, when i mentioned that some p-people like to t-trigger my magic for a k-kind of drug f-fix...?"
Odette Cohen
Odette Cohen

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Baram Morgan Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:23 am

Baram chuckled. "Snacks are good. And if you need to rest for a while you can. I will make sure you are awake in time for dinner. I still have to go at the latest time though because it's still normally too many people for me."

His brow furrowed as she began to explain and he could feel his heart drop for a moment. Had she been attacked and no one helped her? He gave her hand a gentile squeeze and nodded. "You did mention that before. Is that what happened?"
Baram Morgan
Baram Morgan

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Odette Cohen Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:41 am

Odette nodded. Going to dinner later meant she would have a longer nap.

And more time with Baram, she realized with a sudden rush of heat to her cheeks.

She started brushing the fingers of her free hand through her hair. Again, she nodded, though this time her gaze sank to the floor. "It was K-Kemekin that f-found me. I had to s-spend a while c-calming down in Bolin's office afterward. I left j-just as c-classes were ending."
Odette Cohen
Odette Cohen

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Baram Morgan Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:51 am

Baram felt cold for a moment. He couldn't understand how people could be so mean and cruel to someone who was so kind. And he couldn't have been the one to protect her. He felt a warmth churning in his stomach. "Who would do that to you? Is there any way we can get those students to stay away from you?" A dark thought passed over Barams's mind. "If I have to I could find a way to make sure they don't mess with you again. Not without thinking twice." The last phrase came out with a bit more growl to it than he intended.

Baram Morgan
Baram Morgan

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Odette Cohen Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:39 am

"It's harder to g-get someone to stay away f-from a f-f-fix." Odette twined her hair around one fingertip and she paused to hear the growl in Baram's voice. She looked up, brow furrowed, eyes wide. She shook her head, lightly at first, then more earnestly.

"D-don't," she squeaked, and she stopped walking to hug his arm tightly. "What'll h-happen if you s-snap? They m-m-might take you out of your c-classes and you h-have to s-s-start all over again...!" She pressed her forehead to his arm to hide the worry on her face and added, her voice muffled, "And I c-can't come s-s-see you if they p-put you in i-is-solation for h-hurting p-p-people."
Odette Cohen
Odette Cohen

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Baram Morgan Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:54 am

At her reaction he felt the anger that was building inside of him begin to disapate. He gently guided her over to the side of the hall so they wouldn't stop other students on their way to and from classes. He leaned down so he could look her in the eye. "Okay. I won't do anything if it will upset you so much. I doubt they would make me snap but you are correct, that I do need to be cautious. It's just hard for me to sit aside when I know that you are being taken advantage of."

He offered her a small smile. "I do still have feelings for you, my flower. It just makes me want to protect you and keep you safe." One of Baram's hands gingerly cupped her cheek while the other continued to hold her hand. "I would gladly go back into isolation for a time of it meant you would be safe, But if it will upset you that much then I won't. I don't want you to be afraid to reach out to me if you need help, Odette. I know I'm not back to myself 100% but I'm getting there." He gently kissed each of her knuckles along her hand and sighed, taking in her scent.

He took a moment to clear his head before looking at her again. Maybe Asher was running off on him. He smiled fully at her again. "I'm so lucky that I have you in my life, my flower." He chuckled and straightened himself again. "Are you ready to head towards your dorm again?"
Baram Morgan
Baram Morgan

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Odette Cohen Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:13 pm

Odette watched him carefully as he spoke, expression slowly easing once she was confident that he really wasn't going to go after her bullies. Part of her was very, very flattered that he got so angry on her behalf, but the idea of people getting hurt because of her made something pang in her chest.

She squeaked again, not from distress this time but rather in response to the Prince Charming vibe that Baram was carrying so well. Not trusting herself to form coherent words, she merely nodded and took a moment give him an appreciative smile before starting to walk again.
Odette Cohen
Odette Cohen

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum