Dunehelden Academy: Version 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A loud quiet place (Laundry)

2 posters

Go down

A loud quiet place (Laundry) Empty A loud quiet place (Laundry)

Post by Taibhse Steiner-Finlay Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:14 am

Taibhse had always wondered why Dunehelden's laundry facility was called a laundry hall instead of a laundry room. It wasn't even connected to a hallway, technically. One had to travel to the top of one of the castle towers to reach the domed area, which by the look of it used to be an observatory of sorts. Why it had been repurposed to a laundromat was beyond him.

But alas, laundry was a thing that needed to be done. So he hefted his bag over one shoulder and loped to the tower, climbed the stairs, and entered the dome. It was... surprising how few of the machines were running. Perhaps less people wanted to do necessary chores at four-thirty on a friday, but Taibhse counted it as a blessing. This meant he wouldn't have to wait for a machine.

He ambled to the last two machines on the row, and started separating his clothes-- darks and lights. He was just turning the dials to start the respective cycles when he heard a quiet noise not too far behind him, like a turning page. Taibhse tilted his head, curious, and glanced over his shoulder.

"Oh. Hullo, Roojin."
Taibhse Steiner-Finlay
Taibhse Steiner-Finlay

Level : 1

Character Profile
Full Name: Taibhse Steiner-Finlay

Back to top Go down

A loud quiet place (Laundry) Empty Re: A loud quiet place (Laundry)

Post by Jung Roojin Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:26 am

Roo looked up from her sketchbook and took a moment to regard him through her bangs. She really needed to get them cut...

"Ah, hi Taibhse-oppa." The corners of her lips turned upwards slightly as she spoke. She was perched on one of the shelves used for folding and sorting, her own legs folded neatly beaneath her. She didn't have any classes with Taibhse, but the two of them quite often ran into each other in the school's workout rooms. The older boy had been extremely kind to her and he was always up for good conversation, or to hold her feet down when she did sit-ups. He even held the punching bag steady for her when she asked him to.

It was almost weird seeing him out of workout clothes. Almost.

"I don't think I've ever seen you in uniform," she rasped, grinning now. "Looks good on you."
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile
Full Name: Jung Roojin

Back to top Go down

Post by Taibhse Steiner-Finlay Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:37 am

Taibhse's shoulders hunched a tiny bit, as if trying to hide the faint red tinge that came to his ears.  "I would say the same thing, but you've got your hoodie on.  No one can tell if you're wearing the uniform or not."

She didn't wear that hoodie in the gym.  Even though it was many sizes too big, Taibhse felt like it flattered her.  Or made her look adorable, rather.  Distracting.  Yeah, that.  

She had a scrape on her knee.  Not that Taibhse was looking at her legs.  But he noticed the scrape.  He raised an eyebrow and nodded to it.
Taibhse Steiner-Finlay
Taibhse Steiner-Finlay

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:48 am

Roo's brow furrowed for a moment before following his line of sight. "Ah."

She closed her sketchbook and tucked her pencil behind her ear. "I may 'r may not've gotten into a bit of a... tussle... earlier today."

Grumble. "I also may or may not have eight hours of detention tomorrow and Sunday."

She grumbled again at the look Taibhse gave her and started nibbling on her sleeve. "In my defense, they took m' bandana and wouldn't give it back. You know I always wear that thing."
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Taibhse Steiner-Finlay Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:52 am

Taibhse sighed through his nose and took the few strides to reach the folding counter. He settled himself on it next to Roo and pulled one knee to his chest, resting his chin atop that knee.

"You got in a fight... over a bandana." He reached over and ruffled her hair. "Jung Roojin, I get the feeling you might have a temper problem."
Taibhse Steiner-Finlay
Taibhse Steiner-Finlay

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:54 am

"It's an important bandana," Roo protested. A tiny squeak escaped her at the surprise ruffle. She brushed her bangs back into place and pouted.

"I at least asked for them to give it back first. Before I hit him with a textbook."
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down