Dunehelden Academy: Version 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dreamer's Reunion

2 posters

Go down

The Dreamer's Reunion Empty The Dreamer's Reunion

Post by Abaddon Talbot Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:30 pm

Abaddon was looking around in the library for some extra reading that Bolin had mentioned in his psychology class. He was really enjoying that class in particular. Understanding how the human brain works would only make it easier for him to infiltrate and 'adjust' dreams in a more natural way without letting the dreamer know about his wereabouts.

He heard a heavy thud at his feet and saw that a book had fallen there. He must have knocked it over while he was in his own thoughts. Bending down to pick up the book he was able to read the title, "The Psychology of Dreams".

A smirk played on his lips. Not what he was looking for but it was maybe worth at least glancing through.
Abaddon Talbot
Abaddon Talbot

Level : 3

Character Profile
Full Name: Abaddon Talbot

Back to top Go down

The Dreamer's Reunion Empty Re: The Dreamer's Reunion

Post by Jung Roojin Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:35 pm

Roo eased herself into the aisle and ghosted her fingertips along the book spines, looking for references for a paper she was working on.  Professor Honghui had assigned the essay's due date three weeks on, but Roo was not giving herself any chances to fall behind.  She knew how long it took her to research and write her papers.  

She flinched when she heard a thump and looked down to see a book on the floor.  Without thinking she crouched to pick it up, the hem of her oversized hoodie falling to easily cover her knees.  She blinked when another person's hand beat her to it.

Roo looked up at the hand's owner, and blinked again.

Last edited by Jung Roojin on Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Level : 1

Character Profile
Full Name: Jung Roojin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Talbot Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:40 pm

Abaddon saw something out of the corner of his vision and looked over. His eyes widened a bit as he instantly recognized the girl's face. It was her! The girl from the interesting dream. . .that he may or may not have turned into a horrible nightmare but heeeeey. The past is in the past.

He smiled softly at her and spoke softly, as not to disturb anyone else nearby, "Sorry. I normally don't knock things over." He brushed his dark bangs out of his eyes and went to return the book to it's place on the shelf. "Am I in your way, miss?"
Abaddon Talbot
Abaddon Talbot

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:44 pm

Roo's brow furrowed ever so slightly and she shook her head. "I'm just tryin' to find references for a paper," she rasped back. "All the computers're being used right now."

One corner of her lips quirked up in the shadow of a smile. "Have you seen that book on weird phobias? Professor Bolin recommended that one for entertainment's sake."
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Talbot Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:50 pm

He shoved one of his hands into the front pocket of his jeans and gave a slightly exhasperated sigh. "Nope, not yet. I got a bit distracted but I was looking for it. Fear is something I'm very interested in..." his voice trailed off. Probably not bet to talk about that sort of thing.

He looked down at her. "Oh. Are you in the same psychology 101 class as me? You look familiar to me and I just can't quite place it."
Abaddon Talbot
Abaddon Talbot

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:11 am

Roo's half-smile widened into a full one.  "The one just after lunch?  I sit right up by Bolin's desk.  He tries to keep his eye on me when he can."  She rubbed her wrists through her sleeves and let her eyes drift over the shelves to hide the fact that her smile faltered a bit.  

"Ah..."  She caught a glimpse of Anxiety and Dreaming: Cause and Effect on the top shelf and started to reach for it.  It was a little out of her grasp.

"I'm new to Dunehelden, though.  So if I look familiar we'd have to have a class together.  I don't do much outside-a lessons cos I don't really know anyone yet."  She rose up on her toes for just a moment before realizing that the top shelf was still too high for her.

"Name's Roo," she said as she looked back to the taller boy.  He was... quite interesting to look at.  Handsome.  All color contrast and sculpted angles.  She felt like he would be enjoyable to try and draw, but wasn't sure if she could translate to paper the air he had about him.  Not really sinister, though that was the word that jumped to her mind first.  Ethereal was closer, but there had to be a better way to describe it.  Something that drew her interest and made her want to either hide from him or hide behind him.  

Roo blinked, and realized she had probably been studying her fellow student for a bit too long.

"Sorry," she mumbled.
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Talbot Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:34 pm

"Ah, that explains a few things, I usually tend to sit towards the back of the class," Abbadon said with a playful smirk. "What can I say, I'm just a bit of a troublemaker," he added with a coy sigh.

He wasn't sure if it was just his wanting to observe by nature or what, but he could not keep his eyes off her for long. Her freckled face was cute even if it wasn't being twisted in fear.

Then he noticed that she was staring at him too. Shit! Wait why would she be looking at him so intently, almost studying him. Did she recognize him? Did she know? Surely not! He had been hiding and she was scared, focused on her own nightmare. Though, even he had to admit that he wasn't perfect and had been spotted in the past before. Either way, wether she saw him or not them staring at eachother was not getting him what he wanted. So the conversation topic needed to change, NOW!

Eventhough, Abaddon was panicked on the inside it barely reflected in his eyes for a moment before he was able to steady his face. He continued to smile politely. "I'm called Abaddon," he said with a little head bob, "It's nice to finally put the face to a name, Roo."

He chucked and waved her appology away with a soft flick of his wrist. "Nah, don't worry about it. My dad always likes to say that I got my looks from him, but I kind of doubt it."

His gaze went to one of the higher bookselves where he recalled that she had been reaching before. "Do you need my help in getting one of these?" He gestured to the books in the general area he remembered her looking.
Abaddon Talbot
Abaddon Talbot

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:44 pm

Roo's nose crinkled just a but when she smirked. "Is your dad human? Because you could kill a man with that jawline, sir."

She managed a light chuckle and felt her mood lifting considerably. She pointed to the book she wanted, unconsciously raising up on her toes again as if to reiterate that she could get it herself if she were juuuuuust a bit more vertically gifted. "The Cause and Effect book, please. I figure the paper will go faster if it's something I'm familiar with."
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Talbot Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:15 pm

He shrugged a bit. "Ehhhh, he's part human, somewhere along the line," He said as he reached up and grabbed the book Roo was wanting. He looked down at her and saw her still on her tip toes. He couldn't help but smile down at Roo as he handed the book over to her.

He looked at the book and had to stifle a smirk wanting to creep across his lips. "Dreams causes and effect? What research paper are you writing?" He blinked a few times pretending to think. "Did Professor Bolin assign something that I've forgoten about already?"
Abaddon Talbot
Abaddon Talbot

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:06 pm

"He's only mentioned it once or twice so far." Roo shrugged and hugged the book to her chest.  "Ain't due for another three weeks, but I want to get started early.  The syllabus says we're gonna be starting a dream journal over the weekend, so he's probably going to go over that next class.  The paper's a study on what can influence dreams, s' I figure he's gonna tie the two together."

Mentioning the journal made her grumble.  She wasn't much one for writing.  Or at least not writing that was meant to be seen by other people.  Her handwriting-- and spelling, for that matter-- was atrocious.  Perhaps Bolin would let her draw for the journal instead.
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Talbot Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:27 pm

Abaddon grumbled with her when she mentioned the journal assignment. "Ah, really?" He asked reaching to scratch at the back of his neck. "Well, I'm glad you told me before it was suddenly dropped on me in class. I'm gonna have to talk to Bolin about that cause I can't really do that."

He sighed and rolled his eyes. What a pain this was going to be. Explaining the most fun part of his days to a teacher, without making it sound creepy. Oh yeah. That was gonna be fun.

He looked at Roo and allowed a small smile to sneak across his lips. "I'm glad I know someone who actually reads the syllabus now. So you're not looking forward to it either?" His smile turned a tad more sinister. "Do you have bad dreams or something?"

His eyes locked on her, wondering how she would respond.
Abaddon Talbot
Abaddon Talbot

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:37 pm

If Roo had animal ears, they would have perked. "Why can't you do it? D'you have trouble writing like I do?"

She flushed a tiny bit, the barest tinge of pink creeping into her cheeks as she curled her hands into the fabric of her sleeves. "Yeah... I mean, sometimes I have nice dreams. But most of the time I can't sleep through the night." She bit her lip, worried that she was sounding like she was whining. "It's alright, though. I didn't sleep much back home anyway, so I'm used to just a few hours of shut-eye." She tried to smile again, but it was clearly more forced.

"But beyond that, I mean, I talk with Bolin a lot anyway, so he's heard a lot of my dreams. I just don't like doing a lot of writing-- it takes me a long time to read and write. I might ask Bolin if I can do a sketchbook for the assignment instead."

She flicked her bangs out of her eyes and looked her classmate over. "What about you? Dreamwise, I mean. Or is that a weird question?"
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Talbot Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:46 pm

Abaddon flicked his bangs out of his eyes and shrugged. "Its not a weird question at all, given that we are talking about dreams. Plus, I left myself kinda open for that."

He already knew about her nightmares but any new information he could get from her would help. So she was used to the nightmares and them waking her up. No wonder her brain was so ready to make the worst out of his little tweaks he made before. He smirked but quickly turned it into a reasuring smile to her.

"I don't have trouble writing or anything it's just that I don't dream. I never have. So it would be hard to write about something that I've never had, you know?" He reached out a hand to rest it on her shoulder. "If you have trouble sleeping because of your dreams then maybe this journal thing can help you change them around. After all, dreams can be the manifestation of emotions or thoughts that your brain is holding on to or obessing over. Maybe you just need to realize what it is and let it go." He pulled his hand back and shrugged. "But then again, I don't have them so what do I really know."
Abaddon Talbot
Abaddon Talbot

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:56 pm

The corners of Roo's lips turned down a bit and she slid her gaze back to the shelves to avoid looking at Abaddon. "I know exactly what my dreams are about. It's not somethin' I can just..." She made a motion with her hand, sort of a poof gesture to symbolize letting the thought go.

Then she shook her head. "It doesn't matter. I'm here, and I'm comparatively safe, and that's enough for me."

Her blush was deepening as she realized she was getting snippy. And possibly giving a bit too much information to someone she was meeting for the first time. She ruffled her own hair and hugged her book a little tighter.

"But, uh... If y'ever have questions on the work, I mean..." She glanced up at him before looking away again. "Not that I'm assuming you don't know th' material. Just for, like, planning things." A tiny smile. "Since I read the syllabus."
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Talbot Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:11 am

Abaddon gave a slow nod as she explained her situation. So, she knew exactly what was going on in her dreams and why they were happening. . . yet she can't or won't let them go. He was so pleased with talking to his new plaything. He would definately try to seek her dreams out again.

He chucked softly at her nervous recovery and nodded. "Yeah, I definitely need all the help I can get to stay out of trouble. Especially with Bolin." He looked at her, their eyes meeting and he smiled gently, his eyes crinkling at the corners. "Hey, if you need someone to talk to about your dreams, assignments, anything really. . . I'll do what I can."

Man this atmosphere was getting hella heavy time to lighten things up a bit. He stretched his hands above his head and relaxed. He held out his hand and wiggled his fingers. "C'mon. Gimme your phone. How are you supposed to save me from the scary Psych Professor and help me study if you don't have my number."
Abaddon Talbot
Abaddon Talbot

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:30 am

Roo started to smile when Abaddon's eyes crinkled, feeling her chest swell a bit as her mood swung back up. It seemed she had made a friend.

She turned bright pink and rubbed her nose as she looked at his outstretched hand. "O-oh. Okay." She rummaged in her bag and found her phone-- she had bought it just three days before with her first paycheck. It was an old clamshell model that sometimes purred, and when it was able to connect phone calls it often translated either side of the conversation into something that sounded like Welsh. But it usually handled texts just fine.

Magic was weird.

"Does your phone always work? Technology doesn't seem to behave here in the bordertown." She passed the phone gingerly to her new (hopefully) friend.
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Talbot Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:42 am

He smiled as he flipped the phone open and started typing in the new contact info. "Eh, it seems to do fine...ish. Some of my apps get randomly translated into some kind of runes and it likes to sound like a mating sloth when it rings." He shrugged and saved his name and number into Roo's phone. He handed it back to her and pulled his older smart phone out of his back pocket. "Texts seem to work okay. Just if you get any emoji things I didn't do it on purpose. I've lived around this area most of my life and I still don't get how this stuff works."

He smiled at her and unlocked his phone with a pattern using his thumb. "Send me a text so I can have your number."
Abaddon Talbot
Abaddon Talbot

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:47 am

Roo's smile came back in full as Abaddon spoke.

"Mating sloth, huh? How would you know what that sounds like?"

She selected the new contact-- third one to be put in her phone, after Bolin and her manager-- and typed in XP before hitting send.
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Talbot Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:51 am

He made a playful sigh of relief when his phone merely vibrated to show that it had recieved a text. He smirked when he opened the text and saved it into his phone.

"When we aren't in a library where I might get into trouble I'll have you call me some time, because those are the only words I can think of to describe it. Hey, what's your last name? Unless you want me to make up something and just throw Roo before it."
Abaddon Talbot
Abaddon Talbot

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:57 am

Roo smirked. "I'd really like to hear that. If only because it sounds mildly traumatizing."

She caught a glance of another book entitled Lucid Dreaming and pulled it from the shelf. It joined the first book she held to her torso. "It's Jung. But honestly, I'd be interested to see what you came up with."
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Talbot Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:08 am

He chuckled and shrugged. "I'll just put Jung in there for now and if I come up with anything and change it I'll let you know." He noticed her grabbing another book and grumbled. "What if I don't want to do a research paper just yet? What is it even on? More dream stuff that I can't fully experiance?" He pouted by pursing his lips together and puffing his cheeks slightly.

He wasn't completely lying about this. He didn't experiance any dreams of his own so he couldn't fully understand what caused people to dream the things they started off with when he got there. Like the time he showed up in a dream where there were girls in slutty school uniforms and... well, lets just say he didn't stay in that dream for very long.

"Do you think I can talk to Bolin about changing the paper topic for me or is that being to needy?"
Abaddon Talbot
Abaddon Talbot

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:33 am

Roo bit her lip to tamp down the wide grin threatening to spread across her face at Abaddon's silly expression. It was a weird kind of cute.

"He hasn't legitimately assigned it yet. I'm sure Bolin'll explain everything in class. Like I said, I'm tryin' to get a head start because I take a while on this kinda stuff."

She suddenly rose up on her toes to flick away a tiny piece of fluff that had settled onto the taller boy's hair. A bit of dust from the rafters overhead. "I don't think it's needy. If y'have a legitimate reason to ask for a substitute paper, Bolin shouldn't have a problem with it. He seems like a good guy."

She wasn't about to mention that she very much liked Bolin, and that the man reminded her of her father. The good parts of her father, at least, back when she was small and he'd treated her like his daughter, instead of a parolee. Back when her father smelled like fresh tobacco smoke instead of liquor fumes.

Roo felt very tense all of a sudden, struck by the thought that her father was at his worst when he stank of whiskey. She shivered and blinked hard several times, trying to will away the anxious tingles she felt building in her palms and the base of her neck.

"Um..." Roo rubbed one eye with a sleeve-covered hand and looked up to Abaddon. "I think I've got a good start with this Cause and Effect book, though. I'm gonna go try and knock a few chapters out before supper time." She took a step back. "I'll see you in class? Or, or y'know, at dinner. If we run into each other. If that's okay."

She wanted to leave and curl up in bed until her anxiety ebbed. But she also wanted to stay and talk with Abaddon. At least until he was tired of her.

And now her right wrist was starting to itch again. She tried to ignore the imagined scent of whiskey in her nostrils but couldn't focus enough to get the thought out of her head.

"I really gotta go, though. I hope I see you later, Abaddon." She gave him a quick smile and a rushed bob of her head before she pivoted on her heel, rubbing her wrist through her sleeve as she scuttled over to check out her books. As soon as she was outside of the library she took off in a jog, breathing hard through her nose to try and keep her pulse even.

She felt like she was being rude, rushing out on her conversation with Abaddon like that. But she also assumed he wouldn't be too impressed if she curled up in a ball on the carpet and started hyperventilating. Hopefully, hopefully, he would still want to be friends with her after this.
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Talbot Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:32 pm

"Yeah. . ." Abaddon was about to complain a bit more about the assignments but he noticed that she reached up towards him. She brushed at his hair and he smiled. For a human, she was pretty cute, those freckles just amplified her everything. He began to lean into her hand.

Then her hand was gone. He looked at her to make a witty comment and pout at her but the look on her face cut him off of saying anything. He could tell she was trying to hide something. "Roo-kins? You okay?"

Then she started to act like leaving and before he could really object or find a way to keep her there she was gone. He half heartedly waved after her. "Yeah, bye. . . I guess." He sighed and tilted his head, puzzled. Had he done something to freak her out. He didn't mean to. . .this time. Only being able to see into people's minds when they were asleep could be really inconvenient.

Abaddon realized that with his head tilt that his bangs had fallen into his face. He grumbled on an inhale and poofed the air out through a "o" shape with his mouth to get his bangs back in place. He would figure her out eventually, he resolved within himself before turning back to the bookshelf.
Abaddon Talbot
Abaddon Talbot

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down